Sunday 9 March 2014

Of Poetry and Pleasure

'Good day, oh my people,
Harken to me
Good day!'

Lately, I've vested an immense interest in poetry. Once you start reading and writing it down, there's no turning back. You get a new means of expressing what you think; the small everyday things which  keep inside them a meaning which only a few can observe and appreciate. The pleasing rhythm of poetry, its metaphors, its beautification of everyday things, have made it my comrade.

During my exams and after the exams get over, I've decided to pen down a poem a day. I know it won't be that regular right now, but once I part from the last exam, I'll certainly make this my habit. Nowadays, most of my poetry is written when I finish filling the answer sheet almost an hour before the ending time. Instead of wasting that time, I fill up my question paper with these soothing words. Practice will help me improve, and I'm sure of that. Please share your views, too.

Here's one I wrote yesterday during the Science exam:

Looking out of the window pane
Searching for ideas new
What should I write in this poem
What fabric should I sew?

The snoring scene outside
Comes to life in my eyes:
To the music of the breeze
The trees start to rise.

The grasses dance in joy
Shaking hands with the sky
The insects join the fest
Where the organs of nature enjoy.

The wonders of the earth
All unite, all celebrate
For the diversity of this world
Never makes our hearts wait.

Wait for a reason
A reason to live
Your life to the fullest
Which nature has to give.

Alas! So much to write
So much happening in this lawn.
But did I just realize?
The poem's already penned down!

No comments:

Post a Comment