Thursday 28 August 2014

Running Away

My hands pulled at my tie, removing it and throwing it aside. The disappointment conquering my brain couldn't be more well-pronounced - why doesn't anyone understand me? Every time something starts getting better, it becomes even worse.

I spent a fortune on this house, my latest-tech phone, those smart glasses. I even gave up my own ways to relate with the modern people of this world - my old eating habits, washing habits etc, thinking, the result would help me fare, making me a better person.

Help could not be spared by anyone, even sympathy was a hard thing to come by. Does anyone care? Do the people of this world deserve to exist? Do I deserve to exist?

I sat on the bench, pondering my life gone wrong. This sadness caused me to observe my new house better than ever - I had never appreciated the airiness and freshness provided by the trees and the grass.

I stood up, walked over to the center of the lawn, and lied down, arms and legs in the shape of a snow angel. Those small plants pricked me and raised me out of my sadness into a sky full of understanding. I looked at the leaves, waving and calling out to me.

Immediately, I knew what to do.

Without a moment's delay, I prepared for my plans. When all the material was packed and clasped tightly in my arms, I made my way to that giver of life, the forest.

I decided to walk, taking in my surroundings to the fullest. My feet trod on different paths, each teaching me something, telling me something about myself. When I was on the verge of getting to know what I truly was, I saw the canopy of trees.

My legs couldn't resist the urge - they ran as fast as they could, propelled by the soothing air, which constantly whistled in my ears, inspiring me to move on. I kept running until I reached a place much out of reach of the outside world.

Opening my pack, I took all the wood and began the work. Surprisingly, it never felt tedious to build my would-be home myself. The insects moving around me gave me company as I positioned the wood at the right place.

Finally, when the last stone was resting in its place, completing the charming little cabin, I took a look around. Green. Yellow. Brown. Black. Orange. My eyes whirred through the phenomenal transformation of colour taking place, reminding me of the transformation I had just gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment