Wednesday 19 August 2015

Dark is the Light

Tears of doubt fall like pearls into an infinite abyss,
An abyss I can't fathom, nor behold in my shaky hands.
A welter of dark emotions add shadow to the void,
A fleeting search for light runs my mind's errands.

The stars for so long I kept in my craving sight,
It's those I can't find in the emptiness of reality.
For ages who consoled me, brightened my teary eyes,
Have hidden beyond myself, their questioned morality.

Of fire and flame, I find an unfathomable thought,
Dance among the fumes, search for the wonderful smell
Of order and clear, and all things unimaginably far, yet dear,
Brought by the white heat of the scented, sweet hell.

The search for meaning goes on through many wanderings far,
Yet fire, it deceives, burns me in its tranquil heat,
And stars, who knows, one day might take the black
And leave me helpless, fettered in the chains of defeat.

The heavenly light, whose rays, they pass through my hands
Transparent with woeful regret, stained by the curse.
For darkness does prevail, yes darkness does prevail
When somber emotions in their shell, bind the entire Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment