Monday 2 March 2015

Who Am I?

Image result for who am i?



Who am I?
A human or some being beyond?
Or not a being at all?

They say I am an Indian.
They say I'm born for my country,
They say I'm a Hindu, my religion,
They say I'm what I was meant to be...

A servant? A bird caged?
Bound by the bars of rules.
Submissive? A follower?
Held by the chains of society.

But that's not what I think I am,
My thoughts roam much beyond.
To the edges of this universe
To the beginning of this time.

Am I my mind?
Am I my soul?
Or just my body all along?
I wonder, is it just me,
Singing this song?

Am I alive? Or, am I lost
In a dream of my own?
Is this all my mind's creation?
If not, whose then?

Sure, in this world
Just a speck of sand in the desert.
But what power does my heart hold?
What magic does it wield?

Am I a real earthling?
In this boundless universe?
If not, I pray, I wonder,
Where is my real home?

Yes, home I seek
In many wanderings
To far, far away.
The abode, where my answer rests.
I close my eyes,
And seek even
To the edge of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment