Saturday 28 February 2015

Turning Points

Great stories have great people, great places and great sayings. Most important of all, great stories are the fruit of life-changing situations and aphorisms. Changing your life is changing your thoughts; what kind of an event is capable of bringing about such a change?

For most people, the answer may lie in suffering. The sight of a beggar on the street, starving, is the reason why many famous personalities chose the path of charity. For others, life may change with their Eureka! Moment, the excitement of learning something new. A small fragment of the crowd may find their answer in nature and the solitude it provides.

Nature provides solitude incomparable to
anything else
However, in my case, it is not the situation itself, but the events which led to the situation that pave the road for the change that is about to happen. These small events, however infinitesimal they may seem, have a significance that cannot be ignored.

The time which changed a person’s life might be when she had to suffer – live on small amounts of everything in a dilapidated old place or think even before buying a bar of soap. On tracing the path to its beginning, one may discover how small, everyday mistakes led to the poverty of this particular person.

On looking back, it is these mistakes which teach you to not commit them again, these small incidents which change your life. And when you review the whole thing instead of its result, which is merely a part of it, the change induced in you is a strong, determined change.

Every person has their own unique story detailing the turning point in their life. My story consists of not one, but numerous such turning points. Those life-changing moments are all the fifteen years of my life; each second of each moment teaches me something new, making me a better person with each passing minute. In retrospect, the two-years back me is so different from the present-me. The reason is that without us knowing, every single jiffy of our life span plays a role in changing us.

When I close my eyes and think of the water gushing and flowing fiercely down a cliff in a waterfall, it impacts my emotions and lets them flow, easing them. Whenever I’m angry or terrified, I just close my eyes and think of the waterfall, letting me control my emotions and thinking logically. This makes me a much changed person than before.

These little things crave to be noticed, wanting to play the part they deserve to change your life, because the events that led to my life changing situation, composed of such minuscule occurrences, have made me what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment