Tuesday 2 July 2013

Lost and Never Found

My hair was standig on end as I watched the extreme scenes of horror on the television. It all seemed true, whatever was happening in the movie. Swearing never to watch a horror film again in my life, I got up to switch it off. But, just before I stretched my hand to the 'off'' button, the T.V. seemed to understand what I was going to do. The screen went black of its own volition.

I looked out from the window. The light from the red-orange moon was the only thing that was keeping the street visible to my eyes. A high-pitched note from a single violin and a blood-curdling scream was heard.

That's when I saw her. A transparent yet clear, white figure of a lady was in my sight. Her hair was untidy, pulled in front of her face. Frightened, I turned around. The mirror was in front of me, but the lady's reflection wasn't visible in it. That's when I realised that I was encountering a ghost.

I screamed loudly, losing my senses. My mind went blank, my whole body seemed to shiver. The white lady was advancing towards me, murmuring words in a creepy language I had never heard. I fell to the ground, shivering. There I saw a stick, I threw it at her. It passed through her figure. Shouting, 'Mom, Dad!', I ran out of the room and then I fell down and passed out.

The next morning I woke up to find myself in bed. That ghost must have been an illusion, I thought to myself. To prevent anything worse to happen, I dashed to my room to throw away the movie CD. But, guess what? It had disappeared.


No comments:

Post a Comment