Saturday 26 March 2022

Sickness

Winter breaks last two hundred years. During those two hundred years, I am not allowed to go into the room at the corner of our apartment. I call it The Other Room. In The Other Room, there is a sickness. The Other Room is where He resides. His memory has faded. His eyes are glued to the stock market all day. The stock market is active from 9 am to 3:30 pm, but for Him it lasts twenty four hours, two hundred years.

Sometimes She enters The Other Room. I hear shouts, I hear Him refusing to break contact with the computer screen, where the stock market lies covered in sap. I sunbathe in the balcony. The Other Room contains a sickness that I want to forget about. The Other Room contains a sickness that I want to run away from, but the sickness has stretched a month to two hundred years. Time stretches and so does the sap that lies on the computer screen. Slowly, it fills the entire room.

No comments:

Post a Comment