Tuesday 7 October 2014

A Night of Moonfaring

 That silver globe is the center-piece of the sequined veil that is the night-time sky. Emitting a glow composed of orange hues, it hangs over the dark green shadows, the trees, as if prophesying a divine intervention. The moon, stimulator of imagination. The moon, representative of hope. The moon, personification of beauty.

As I walk through the highly urbanized lanes of New Delhi, the moon suspended in the gigantic sky, I sense flashes and visions flowing through me, reminders of a place full of nature, full of stars and earth carved from natural processes. Although the moon highly contrasts with the buildings and streets and streetlights, it finds a place among them as a carrier of good. 

The full moon, visible from my place. Isn't it beautiful?

See that bright spot on the top? That's the Moon! 
It isn't visible that well due to the photo quality, so take a look yourself!


Today, the sky is donned by that beautiful full moon, the spirit which inspired me to lay down its praise. Looking at the moon, I envision the craters, the vast glow that is the sun, and the most beautiful of all, the breathtaking stars. A sight rarely seen on this Earth, the stars wink their eyes, twinkling, at the moon, at the whole universe. The stars provide an insight into the mysterious marvels of the universe, its uniqueness, and its infinity. 

As the moon slowly grows larger in my eyes, showcasing its royalty, a time comes when I'm lurched back into the present, and the dull sights of grey buildings strike my curious eyes.

Nature is, indeed, a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment