Friday 3 May 2013

The Golden Friend

Running on the runway
A speed so fast
Planning a journey
Above the oceans so vast
I take off into the sky
At an unimaginable height
Feeling the cold breeze
Enjoying the beautiful sight
Not thinking it to be
The inception of a voyage so incredible
Then, among the trees I see
A bird flying towards me
She said a cheerful 'hey'
And quacked a funny laugh
I didn't know what to say
As it had a golden colour
And goldened my day.
I 'heyed' her in return
Oh! I didn't know she was so chirpy
A talkative throat she had earned.
I asked her her destination
She wanted to go to the White House.
Same pinch, I thought
Our place was similar alot.
I said we were going to the same place
She made a pretty good suggestion
Of becoming my passenger she had a craze.
She boarded me and off I took
Forward to the White House we had to look.
We journeyed, over the Earth so playful
Seeming to be a toy
When fnally we saw a big, white building
We could hear our hearts singing.
I made a landing in the green garden
A very different one, indeed.
I had got a new, nice friend
I had sown a friendship seed!

                           - Story-poem written by ME

No comments:

Post a Comment